Easy, Fast & Effective
SquirrelGard® is easily placed over the lead jack flashing and provides not only a waterproof vent, but also continuous protection from squirrels that need to file their teeth. See sizes and specifications.
- Easy to install
- Cost-effective and works!
- Damaged Lead Jack flashing replacement is NOT required.
- Shingle replacement is NOT required.
- Stops squirrels from damaging lead jack flashing
- Protects lead jack flashings from further damage
- Star cap prevents rainwater from entering the plumbing vent and therefore entering the wastewater (or septic) system – estimated to as much as 10 gallons of water per vent per year!
- Allows access to plumbing vents to repair clogged drains.
- Prevents debris from entering plumbing vents.
- Made from 26-gauge steel, not plastic.
- Easy to match roof color with a paint grip finish
- Slips over an existing lead jack
- Interior screen or mesh material prevents rodents, birds, and other critters from entering into the vent stack.
- Interior screen or mesh material allows the free upward escape of sewer gas.
- Fits any roof pitch.
- Multiple sizes to fit standard plumbing vents.
- Custom sizes available.
- Made in the USA
SquirrelGard is made of a 26-gauge steel with a paint grip finish. The material is not subject to damage from squirrels sharpening/filing their teeth. The finish provides for painting to match the color of roofing shingle.
SquirrelGard is most suitable as a repair method, as it can be installed over an already damaged lead jack flashing and not require replacement of the lead jack or violation (removal and replacement) of the surrounding existing roofing shingles.
Designed to fit
The upper end of SquirrelGard protective sleeve includes an end piece having a screen to allow the free upward escape of sewer gas and to prevent, rodents, rats, and other critters such as roaches, birds, and snakes from entering the vent stack itself. Routinely, such unwanted critters manage to climb down the vent stack, through the sewer trap, and into the dwelling through a toilet, sink or drain area. Nests and dead animals trapped in the vent will also cause obvious plumbing problems. The cover also prevents pollen and leaves from entering the vent stack.
|Model||Product Size (inches)||Covers Lead Jack (inches)|
|SG2||13.5 (h) x 8 (w) x 3.5 (d)||Diameter: up to 3 1/4 inch|
|SG3||13.25 (h) x 8 (w) x 4.25 (d)||Diameter: Between 3 1/4 inch and 4 3/8 inch|
|SG4||16.0 (h) x 11 (w) x 5.5 (d)||Diameter: Between 4 1/2 inch and 5 3/8 inch|
|Diameter: Greater than 5 1/2 inch – Call for a custom order|
Easy to Install
The product is designed for ease of installation by a homeowner or handyman without any technical roofing training. Watch our installation video.
In addition, SquirrelGard can be easily removed by a plumbing contractor in the event of a drain clog or backup to access the plumbing vent with a clean-out apparatus.
Environmentally Friendly Product!
Durable, long-lasting, and re-usable on multiple roof replacements. Eliminates rainwater from entering wastewater treatment facilities. Saves lead jack flashings from squirrel damage, reducing waste.
SquirrelGard is not made of plastic, neoprene, or rubber, so it won’t degrade in UV sunlight, like other products. It won’t crack or split in harsh weather. Forget the plastic imitations that require screwing into your lead jack, creating more opportunities for water to penetrate. SquirrelGard is durable and your most cost-effective solution.
Approximately 10 gallons of rainwater per year enter each plumbing vent stack adding substantially to the needs of the wastewater treatment facilities of municipalities. SquirrelGard will prevent rainwater from entering the plumbing vent and therefore entering the wastewater (or septic) system.